How did I get here to my 20ish size? I suppose slowly. I didn't really notice it come on because I was happy eating out late, drinking my beer and not worrying about how I looked. I could still fit into my "fat" clothing and I avoid mirrors as much as possible.
Yesterday, I realized that I had surpassed what I thought was an "okay" weight. I haven't even stepped on a scale, because I know I am going to be scared of the number. I can no longer fit into my fat cloths. I also feel myself jiggle when I walk. :( Woe is me.
This is coming at an integral time, because I was also recently told the my job is being outsourced to Kansas. They are outsourcing because they essentially don't want to pay as much as they have to pay me. All this is fine and dandy, except I have to start interviewing. Seems easy enough. Except I live in the Bay Area and hundreds of people are qualified for all the jobs available. So it all comes down to two things: appearance and personality .
Although I carry my weight alright, I doubt I'll be able to be compete with the girl that is a size-2. SO I must beat this weight gain for my own piece of mind and for the fact that I'll be seriously job hunting in about 5 weeks.
I decided it was time to clean my space so that I would have less clutter to think about. I also went out and bought some clothing that actually fit in a size I'd never thought I'd be.
I am starting this blog as a tool to keep me on tack with both weight loss and various goals. I plan to post what I eat daily, discus the nonsense of attempting to find employment, and various other things I find worthy of typing about.
Stay tuned... as I'm in this for the long run. :)
I look forward to reading about your journey and getting to know you better!
ReplyDelete